Human height depends on many factors such as genetic and non-genetic, including environmental factors, exercise, and nutrition. Adolescents usually reach their maximum height by the last phase of the period. But by practicing yoga it is possible to help increase height naturally at any age. Therefore Yoga poses for Height Increase can be a very effective solution. Apart from this, yoga is very beneficial for overall health and the body.
How Does Yoga Help In Increasing Height?
Yoga provides energy to all parts of the body, reduces body stress, and increases height. Apart from this, yoga indirectly affects the length by correcting your body posture.
By doing yoga, mental and emotional stress is removed and the body is relaxed. It increases blood attack, then the body easily produces growth hormones, this growth hormone itself increases stature.
Yoga asanas pull the body with gravity effect and help in increasing height.
Yoga Poses to Increase Height:
If you are frustrated about your moderate growth in youth, then don’t worry because today we are going to tell you about some yoga asanas which will be very beneficial in increasing your height.
Tadasana (Mountain Pose)
Tadasana is an important yoga asana to increase height. This asana involves stretching of all body muscles from head to toe, which is useful in producing growth hormone.
- To do Tadasana, stand upright on the ground. Both legs should be the same.
- Then, with the fingers of both your hands stuck, take it above the head. Keep in mind that the direction of the palms should be towards the sky.
- With this, raise the heel of the feet as well and maintain the balance of the body on the toes of the feet.
- Stay awhile in this situation. After pausing for some time, while exhaling, bring the hands back over the head.
- Do this asana 10–12 times daily.
Trikonasana (Triangle Pose)
The yoga list of height increases includes Trikonasana. There can be many benefits to doing this, one of which can be to make the body flexible. This asana creates a stretch in the legs, hands, and waist, its benefits can be found in increasing the height.
- To do this, stand upright and open your arms and legs.
- Now, while slowly bending, touch the toe of the straight leg with the straight hand and move the other hand upwards.
- At this stage, stop for a while and try to look upwards.
- During this, breathe at normal speed.
- Stop at this stage as soon as possible and then slowly return.
- Similarly, do it from the other side as well.
Vrikshasana (Tree Pose)
Vriksasana yoga works wonders in increasing height. Actually, while doing this asana, there is a stretch on the legs, arms and back. This helps in strengthening your muscles. In addition, when the neck is flexed upward, the pituitary gland that is responsible for the production of growth hormone becomes activated.
- First of all, stand upright on a yoga mat.
- Now put one leg on the thigh of the other leg.
- Keep in mind that during this time the second leg should be straight.
- After this join both your hands and stay straight above the head.
- Now, while moving your hands above your head, bring your palms together and bring them to the ‘Pranam’ posture.
- Do this process from the other side as well.
- This asana can be done 3 to 5 times.
Paschimottanasana (Seated Forward Bend)
This asana is considered beneficial for people of all ages. Through this, not only does the length increase, but this posture also provides new energy to your waist and muscles.
- First of all, sit with your feet straight on the ground.
- Now touch the toes of your feet with both your hands and put your forehead on the knee.
- Keep in mind that your knees should be completely straight in this.
- After staying in this position for some time, return to your position.
- Similarly, practice this asana 5 times daily for better results.
Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)
Bhujangasana is the 8th position out of the 12 asanas of Surya Namaskar. Doing this provides many benefits along with relief from back pain. It is also beneficial in increasing height.
The purpose of this Yogasana is to lengthen your spine. It is also beneficial in preventing widening between the vertebrae, thereby increasing your vertical height.
- Lie on your stomach and place your hands on both sides of the shoulder.
- Your palms should be placed on the ground near the chest.
- Now keeping the weight of the body on your palms, slowly raise the head and torso upwards.
- Have your eyes on the front.
- During this time, your stomach, thigh, and legs should be grounded.
- Breathing normally, stay in this asana for 10 seconds.
- While exhaling, come down slowly and keep the forehead on the ground.
- Repeat this again.
Sarvangasana (Shoulder Stand Pose)
Sarvangasana is made up of three words. Sarv means all, Ang means organ, and Asana means easy. Meaning, this is the only single yoga pose that benefits all the organs.
- After laying a mat, lie on your back. Place your hands directly next to the thighs.
- After this, raise your legs and hips. During this time, support your hips with the help of the claws of your hands.
- During this time, support your hips with the help of the claws of your hands.
- In this position, stop and breathe for a while and check that you are in the right position.
- After this, lift your legs up and straighten them.
- Stayed a while in this situation.
- After this, slowly bring the legs down slowly, carefully.
Reference Article — Yoga for height
Apart from this, Matsyasana, Hastapadasana, Adho-Mukha Svanasana, etc. are also useful yoga poses to increase height. By regularizing these asanas, will not only help in increasing your height but also beneficial to all-over health. Exercises that involve hanging or stretching are also beneficial in increasing body length.